Python is an extremely versatile language used by software engineers, system administrators, academics, and data scientists. It is used extensively for back-end applications, server scripts, scientific computations, and data science projects. No matter which description suits you best, this course will definitely help you grasp the basic fundamentals of Python.
Vertabelo Academy's Python Basics series comprises three parts and covers all the entry-level concepts that you need to start writing your own applications. In Python Basics Part 3, you'll learn new powerful data structures – tuples and sets. They’ll allow you to express a wide range of concepts with your Python code in an intuitive way. Together with lists and dictionaries, which you learned in Part 2, tuples and sets constitute the ABCs of data structures that any aspiring Python developer should know. You’ll also find out how to work with date and time – two extremely common concepts that no modern application can do without. Once you finish Python Basics Part 3, and thus the entire course, you’ll be able to write advanced console applications and scripts that solve a variety of problems commonly found in the IT world.
Sounds complicated? Don’t worry, you don’t need an IT background to enjoy the course! All you need is the knowledge and skills from the previous two parts of Python Basics. We guarantee easy-to-follow explanations, practical examples, and tons of interactive exercises that you can solve directly in your web browser. For maximum learning efficiency, each section of the course also contains a quick summary and a short quiz.
Python Basics Part 3 teaches you how to write good Python code with little theory and lots of practical knowledge. We will get you ready to use this extremely popular programming language with ease and comfort. We’ve chosen the scope of the entire Python Basics such that you can write real-world applications and join the millions of Python users as soon as possible!
What's in it for me?
- 60 interactive exercises. Learn at your own pace, from anywhere and anytime. Interact with hands-on exercises for improved retention.
- Lifetime access to the course. When you purchase the course, you'll get instant personal access to all of its content.
- Certificate of completion. After you successfully finish all of the exercises, you'll get a downloadable PDF certificate to showcase your accomplishment.
- 30-day money back guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the quality of the course, you can get a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
- Hints for the exercises. You can ask questions and share insights with other members of the Vertabelo Academy community through the Discuss tab. You can also drop us a line directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be more than happy to answer! 😉
What Are the Requirements?
This Course Will Teach You How To Work With:
- Tuples: defining tuples, accessing tuple elements, index slicing, immutability, iteration, unpacking, tuples as function return types, and *args.
- Sets: defining sets, creating sets from lists, adding and removing set elements, and relations between two sets (intersection, union, difference, symmetric difference, subset, and superset).
- Date and time: creating time objects, accessing time object internals, creating date objects, finding weekdays, creating timedeltas, getting the current date and time, creating datetime objects, performing datetime arithmetic, comparing datetimes, and formatting datetimes with strftime().
Who Should Take This Course?
- Vertabelo Academy students who have completed Python Basics. Part 1 and Python Basics. Part 2
- Students taking entry-level classes in Python
- Academics who want to leverage Python in their fields of study
- Anyone who wants to start programming with no prior experience
- People interested in data science and machine learning
- Anyone interested in starting a software development career
- Anyone who wants to automate their work