Hello, and welcome to Built-in Algorithms in Python! This course is going to teach you some time- and labor-saving Python functions. We assume that you have completed our preceding courses on Python basics (or have the equivalent knowledge):
- The Python Basics series: Parts 1, 2, and 3.
- Python Data Structures in Practice.
To work on the exercises in this course, you need to know the following Python basics:
- Variable types: strings, integers, floats, booleans.
- Data structures: lists, dictionaries, sets, and tuples.
- Conditional statements and loops.
- How to write your own functions.
If you're not familiar with any of these concepts, take some time to learn about them before you continue. You may find the other Vertabelo Academy courses helpful. But if you're already acquainted with Python, let's get started!
This course focuses on useful built-in algorithms available in Python. In the previous courses, we wrote such functions manually to practice various programming techniques. But the true power of Python lies in its many built-in utility functions – these make our lives easier!
In this course, you'll get to know the most popular Python functions. Are you ready?