Before we start, let's look at the tables we'll be working with.
We use two simple tables from an art gallery database. On the right side of the screen, there is a button named
. Click on it to study the structure of the tables.
artist table includes:
- An identifier for each artist (the
- The artist's first and last name (
- The exact dates of the artist's birth and death (
- The artist's nationality (
painting table includes:
- A unique identifier for each painting (the
- The ID of its artist (
- The title of the painting (
- The year it was created (
- A rating for that painting, given by local experts (
Now let's start the first exercise.