After mastering the basics of R, you're now ready to expand your R toolkit and learn some essential data analysis skills. In this course, we'll take a look at the list data structure, learn all there is to know about functions, and perform one-line coding wizardry with "apply" functions.
Lists are special data structures in R, but they're present in many other programming languages, too. R list is just an unordered collection of objects; these objects can range from anything like single values to vectors, data frames, and even other lists! Lists are especially popular in R data analysis, so it's important that you learn them well.
Functions allow us to write abstract, reusable code. You've already worked with many built-in functions in R (and possibly other languages as well). Suffice to say that writing and using functions is a fundamental skill for data analysis, so we'll help you unpack everything about R functions.
A special family of functions allows you to apply a given function to each member of R list, data frame, or vector. These functions include lapply(), sapply(), and tapply(). We'll teach you how to use these "apply" functions to perform powerful data analysis in R with just a single line of code!
Looking for hands-on practice with the material? There's plenty to go around! We've carefully designed 105 exercises to present you with real-world business problems.
Ready to dive deep into R? Join us for a world of data analysis fun!
- Just a web browser and an Internet connection.
- We assume you've completed Introduction to R; we'll build on that knowledge here.
Learn How To:
- Use R list to perform more complex data analysis.
- Create your own functions for analyzing data.
- Use conditional "if" statements in your code, especially within functions.
- Manipulate data more efficiently with the use of lapply(), sapply() and tapply().
Who Should Take This Course?
- Students who already passed Introduction to R.
- Data and business analysts who want to go beyond data frames and perform more complex data analysis.
- Those who are interested in data science and data analysis and are familiar with the basics of R.
- Anyone who wants to go deeper into the R programming world.
What's in It for Me?
- 105 interactive exercises. Learn at your own pace, from anywhere and anytime. Interact with hands-on exercises for improved retention.
- Lifetime access to the course. When you purchase the course, you'll get instant personal access to all of its content.
- Certificate of completion. After you successfully finish all of the exercises, you'll get a downloadable PDF certificate to showcase your accomplishment.
- 30-day money back guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the quality of the course, you can get a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
- Hints for the exercises. You can ask questions and share insights with other members of the Vertabelo Academy community through the Disqus tab. You can also drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org–we'll be more than happy to answer! 😉