12 Best Data Science Resources on the Internet

best websites for data science, data science learning resources, data science community, data science central, learn data science, data science topics, data science blog, data science for beginners pdf, data science resources

Data science is hot right now. If you want to learn more about it, where should you go? Online, of course! Check out our favorite data science sites. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, these are sites you should know. Not so long ago, if you wanted information on a topic like data science, you had to look for it – either at your local library or at a university. Information was golden, and like gold it was guarded.

Continue Reading

How to Create Good Visuals

In this article, we’ll take a look at guidelines you should follow to create compelling visuals. Our goal is to learn how to effectively convey information through graphics. Have you ever looked at raw data—spreadsheets of stray numbers—and struggled to make sense of it? We’ve all been there, but it’s no surprise—because the human brain processes visualizations and images 10,000 times faster than raw data. In fact, 80% of the information we absorb comes from visuals, and the remaining 20%

Continue Reading

How not to show data on a π chart

Today’s March 14th, also known as PI Day. Mathematicians rejoice! π is a constant — the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter — and it’s used in many different formulas. Baking and eating pies is super popular on this day — ’cause, you know, people just love their homophones. Today’s not Anna’s day, though. See, Anna hates math, and she’s terrible at making pies. And the one thing that’s worse than her cooked pies are her pie charts

Continue Reading

Introduction to ggplot2

Show, don’t tell! Share data insights in stunning color and display with ggplot2, a wonderful R package for visualizing data. Ggplot2: Grammar of Graphics The end of qualitative data analysis should be clear—beautiful data visualizations. We are visual beings, after all, and a picture tells us far more than raw numbers! Among the many visualization tools, one in particular stands out : ggplot2—a free, open-source, and easy-to-use package that has become a favorite among many R programmers. This article explains

Continue Reading

Data Science: Market Demand or Just Hype?

Earth’s 7.5 billion people together use several billion different devices, generating an annual global IP traffic of more than one zettabyte. Out of these impressive numbers rises a new field above the others — “data science”. Is data science an inevitable reality, or will it yet be dismissed as just another “wave of the future” that never came to be? A few days ago I signed a new employment contract with my company. Finally, my long-time wish came true! After

Continue Reading

How to Track Down Duplicate Values in a Table

When it comes to information management, duplicates present one of the most common challenges to data quality. In this article, I’ll explain how it is possible to find and distinguish duplicate names with the help of the SQL data programming language. I really like my maiden name. The reason I like it so much is because it’s rare. My maiden name (first with last) provided a unique identifier on platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and similar. But then I

Continue Reading

GET ACCESS TO EXPERT SQL CONTENT!